You may be aware there are over 100 Local Minds across England and Wales that provide on-the-ground mental health services, just like we do here.
Over the last few months, Lambeth and Southwark Mind and neighbouring charity, Bromley, Lewisham and Greenwich Mind, have been talking about the possibility of merging into one larger organisation.
We are pleased to announce that having thoroughly explored the risks and benefits, both charities are convinced that merging is in the best interests of our current and future beneficiaries.
The combination of the charities into one single organisation is set to be completed in the new year, when we will work together to deliver high-quality mental health and dementia services across all five boroughs of Bromley, Lewisham, Greenwich, Lambeth and Southwark.
Ben Taylor, Chief Executive, BLG Mind said: “Joining forces with Lambeth and Southwark Mind will be positive for everyone involved. We firmly believe that merging will create a stronger organisation, meaning that we can be there when it matters; reaching a growing number of people and ensuring they receive the support and respect they deserve.”
What happens next?
- We are aiming to merge on 1st January 2024
- There will be no changes to the front-line staff that support you
- We will continue to deliver our services to you as normal
What impact will this have on people who use our services?
- We will be able to develop our services, meaning that you may have more support options available to you.
- Combining our teams will add to our wealth of knowledge, skills and experience and will contribute to improving our services.
What if I have questions?
Over the next few weeks, you can ask questions or get more information about what is happening by emailing email@example.com