Low Cost Counselling
Counselling offers people a private, confidential and safe space to work through a problem on a one-to-one basis with a trained professional. Throughout the time that you are in therapy you will work through your personal experiences and explore the ways in which they may be affecting your present thoughts and feelings, both consciously and unconsciously.
By entering into a counselling contract, a counsellor is committing to regularly meeting with you and supporting you to work through emotional difficulties. In return, you must also commit to attending these sessions and engaging with the therapeutic practice.
The Low Cost Counselling team are volunteer trainees in the later stages of their training as well as qualified therapists.
How can counselling help me?
Counselling provides psychological support for a wide range of problems, including:
- Difficult life events, like being job loss, bereavement or having relationship difficulties.
- Experiencing particularly difficult emotions, such as low self-esteem and lack of confidence.
- Long-term physical health conditions, and the impact they may be having on your mental wellbeing.
- Depression, anxiety and other mild to moderate mental health issues.
Is counselling right for me?
Before starting therapy, it might be helpful to think about the following:
- do I feel comfortable opening up to a counsellor about my thoughts, feelings and past experiences?
- am I ready to commit to a structured, one-to-one therapeutic relationship?
- would a less formal alternative, such as a peer support group, be more appropriate for me at this moment in time?
Fees are on a sliding scale and based on annual income –
|up to £19,999 per annum
|£20,000 – £24,999
|£25,000 – £29,999
|£30,000 – £34,999
|£35,000 – £39,999
|£40,000 – £44,999
Please note that the fee scale above also applies to initial assessments.
If you think counselling could help you can use the self-referral form here or if you need more information regarding eligibility or other related query, you can email GPS@lambethandsouthwarkmind.org.uk or phone and leave a message on 020 8159 8560 and we will get back to as soon as is possible.